Where Is That Damned Critical Media When It’s Needed?
How come they only complain loudly when we talk about red meat and eggs? Do you suppose that eating a steak and eggs is worse than this new sandwich from Kentucky Fries?
Full nutrition information:
Chicken & Donut Sandwich (Chicken & Donut Sandwich: Sugar, Water, Corn Syrup, Contains Less Than 2% Of The Following: To Preserve Freshness (Sorbic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sulfiting Agents), Carrageenan, Artificial Flavor, Pectin, Agar-Agar, Citric Acid, Colored With (Caramel Color), Honey. Enriched Unbleached Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Iron As Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Enzyme, Ri Boflavin, Folic Acid), Palm Oil, Whey (A Milk Derivative), Water, Dextrose, Soybean Oil, Yeast, Contains Less Than 2% Of The Following: Salt, Leavening (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Baking Soda), Defatted Soy Flour, Skim Milk, Distilled Monoglycerides, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, To Preserve Freshness (Calcium Propionate), Cellulose Gum, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Ascorbic Acid, Colored With Beta Carotene. Contains Up To 18% Water, Seasoning [Rice Starch, Salt, Onion Powder, Natural Chicken Flavor (with Maltodextrin, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Chicken Fat, Dehydrated Cooked Chicken), Spice Extractive], Potassium and Sodium Phosphates. Salt, Spices, Monosodium Glutamate, Corn Starch, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate), Garlic Powder, Canola Oil, Citric Acid, Natural Flavorings, Sugar, Corn Syrup Solids, With Not More Than 2% Calcium Silicate Added As An Anti Caking Agent. Or Contains Up To 18% Water, Seasoning [Rice Starch, Salt, Onion Powder, Natural Chicken Flavor (with Maltodextrin, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Chicken Fat, Dehydrated Cooked Chicken), Spice Extractive], Potassium and Sodium Phosphates. Salt, Spices, Monosodium Glutamate, Corn Starch, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate), Garlic Powder, Canola Oil, Modified Corn Starch, Spice Extractives, Citric Acid, And Not More Than 2% Calcium Silicate Added (As Anti Caking Agent).)
Is This For Real?
…asked a UK friend from me on Facebook…”it is” was my answer.
The most important things that people have so far told me:
“It’s 1100 Calories in one meal”…
“I would have bought it 5 years ago”
- 1100 Calories is not a problem. If you were to eat OMAD (one meal a day) on a time restricted diet, you would eat more than 1100 Calories in one meal but it better be real food
- If you ate 1100 Calories in one meal in meat and fat, you would be fine because you ate a nutritious meal
- If you ate 1100 Calories in a bowl of sugar, you will drop dead for two reasons:
- You ate no nutrients only energy. Energy will make you run but your body cannot function on energy alone
- You will be malnourished to the point that no cell will be able to hold together in your body
- If you ate 1100 in a mix of fat and sugar (which is what this is) you will get a heart attack in a very short time, and you will also be too fat to fit through the door to your doctor. Fat and glucose are two fuels. In this meal you are eating 2 fuels only and no nutrition
- If you tell me “but there is meat”, I highlighted for you the meat in this item: It’s dehydrated cooked chicken and it is at the end of the list of ingredients. In the US, FDA regulations state that the ingredients need to be listed in the decreasing order in which they are contained in the food. So the first item makes up most of the food and the rest much less. Here is the true ingredient list (from the top of the above image): Sugar, Water, Corn Syrup, Contains Less Than 2% Of The Following: …. dehydrated cooked chicken…
- Yes, I too would have bought this to taste 5 years ago when I didn’t know any better. 5 years ago I still ate the SAD (Standard American Diet) and tastes that mixed sweet with savory really appealed to me. I most certainly would have eaten this too.
So What Are You Eating?
In this “meal”, if we can call it that, you are eating:
- corn syrup (sugar)
- flavorings, stabilizers, and coloring
- less than 2% of what’s in this is chicken meat
So what are you eating? Sugar with sugar and a bunch of coloring and flavoring. Is this food? Is this approved by the American Heart Association? By the American Diabetes Association? By the FDA? By Anyone for crying out loud? Of course, I am waiting for it to be pushed by Harvard… they always support the unhealthy.
Where is the media crying out now that this will kill you? Where is the TV telling you that this is unhealthy? Does EVERYONE make money from this?
The Sad Answer
Everyone is making money from this–except you, the consumer. No one will complain! When you get sick, all industries benefit. If you get healthy, no one does. So they tell you to stop eating red meat and coconut butter because it will make you healthy because if you become healthy, it will kill THEM!
If people ate healthy:
- Pharmaceuticals would stop selling drugs and would go bankrupt
- Hospitals would close for lack of enough patients
- The TV industry would suffer because of lack of drug advertisements
- Many doctors would lose their jobs
- Many nurses would lose their jobs
- Pharmacies would mostly only sell cosmetics, greeting cards, & water
- Medical insurance companies would have no paying members
- Furniture makers would not be able to sell those double-sized chairs
- Grocery stores would make less money–junk food makes much more money than health-food
- Farming industry would have to change from giant mono-crops to small orchids
- Bees would return to healthy living
- Birds would return to healthy living
- Wild animals would return to healthy living
- CO2 would reduce because drugs would not be trucked around 24/7 with gas guzzling mega trucks
- Few sick hours–if any–by the workers so more work would be done–productivity would increase
- People would spend more money on vacations and fun so new industries would sprung up to support the healthy
Why is this not going to happen?
In order for a new empire to rise, the old one must fall.
In order to create a healthy society, all the support mechanisms of the sick society must fall. And that’s not going to happen if we wait for the industries to change.
We The People Must Change!
No one will change our lives. We need to change it ourselves. If you want a healthy society, stop talking and start acting. Stop eating junk like this because by buying it, you support the industry that makes it and you are also supporting all other industries that live off the spoils by providing services to those who get sick from eating it. It is not possible for you to sit back and watch people eat this.
Where are the vegan tribes blocking people from buying meat in stores? Why don’t they block people from eating this kind of food?
This is a sick world… in every sense of the word.
Comments are welcomed and are moderated for appropriateness, as always