ppm to ppb conversion table

ppm to ppb conversion

ppm to ppb conversion

Just for good measure for the Himalayan salt article

About Angela A Stanton, Ph.D.

Angela A Stanton, PhD, is a Neuroeconomist focusing on chronic pain, electrolyte homeostasis, and genetics. She lives in Southern California. Her current research is focused on migraine cause, prevention and treatment without the use of medicines. As a forever migraineur from childhood, her discovery was helped by experimenting on herself. She found the cause of migraine to be at the ionic level, associated with disruption of the electrolyte homeostasis, resulting from genetic variations of all voltage gated channels that modulate electrolytes and voltage in the brain, insulin and glucose transporters, and several other related variants, such as the MTHFR variants of the B vitamin methylation process and many others. Migraineurs are glucose sensitive and should avoid eating carbs as much as possible. As a result of the success of the first edition of her book and new research and findings after treating over 4000 migraineurs world wide, all ages and both genders, she is now finishing the 2nd edition. The 2nd edition is the “holy grail” of migraines, incorporating all there is to know and also hypotheses. It includes an academic research section with suggestions for further research. The book is full of citations to authenticate the statements she makes to be followed up by those interested and to spark further research interest. It is a "Complete Guide". Due out in the summer of 2017. Dr. Stanton received her BSc at UCLA in Mathematics, MBA at UCR, MS in Management Science and Engineering at Stanford University, PhD in NeuroEconomics at Claremont Graduate University, and fMRI certification at Harvard University Medical School at the Martinos Center for Neuroimaging for experimenting with neurotransmitters on human volunteers. For relaxation Dr. Stanton paints and photographs. Follow her on Twitter at: @MigraineBook
This entry was posted in This & That. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to ppm to ppb conversion table

1. Be Healthy says:

They do Roald! It is ridiculous! Not sure what is driving some of the answers but in all honesty, “frankly my dear I don’t give a damn” is what applies. However, it is important to note that the exposure is great. And while there are many ignorant people out there, others are watching who may be more important! There were about 20k readers earlier. 50 readers per minute yesterday–not sure what it is today. The article is read by some who are concerned and some have stopped using Himalayan salt. If I can save 1 life with my paper, that is already great and job well done! The rest can do whatever. I cannot please them all and if I did, the world would not advance. ❤ Have a lunch date so the blog stands on its own until I return. ❤ have a good one!!

2. Roald Michel says:

Oh good! 0.10 is way less than 100, no? Hallelujah, I’m safe 😀 😀 😛

Liked by 1 person

• Be Healthy says:

lol Roald. I needed this table for a post I made that went viral and some peeps were questioning my math (they sure picked the argument with the wrong person.. I am a mathematician too)… The article is on the amount of lead in Himalayan salt! You find it here: http://www.hormonesmatter.com/himalayan-salt-lead-poisoning-global-scale/ and two commentators said that my math was wrong. In Himalayan salt there is 0.10 ppm (parts per million) lead. I had to calculate that over to ppb (parts per billion) to compare the amount with the tragedy that is happening in Flint, Michigan. There the lead in the water is getting people sick. Dr. Sanjay Gupta made a statement on the news that caught my attention: 5 ppb lead is very harmful. I wanted to calculate how Himalayan salt stacks up… it has 100 ppb lead so 20 times worse than what is really high… That is what this little table is. I had to put it somewhere I could link to in order to have it show up on the comment I responded to after the article. 🙂 Read the article.. hopefully the site will not crash anymore. It is not my site but one I am a science writer for and this morning so many people were reading the article that the server crashed. 16K people were reading it before the crash and now it is already over 14K so over 30K read it so far. Over 4000 FB shares. I don;t know how many twitter shares since twitter stopped its counting service for some reason. It is a very scary fact! I notified the CDC to look into it. This stuff needs to get off the shelves in stores!

• Roald Michel says:

I read the article, and posted:

>>> Damn, yet another reason why bullets are so deadly 😀

Hmmm, I see math is not for everyone. Is that why all the money is gone before payday sometimes? <<<

Of course it's still awaiting moderation. That scared, huh?

Liked by 1 person

• Be Healthy says:

yeah.. It is up now 😀 Moderation is needed everywhere. I am often attacked with personal stuff and those get to be trashed… Sorry for the inconvenience but this is life in the free world (particularly ones who need calculator to add 2+2)! 😀 And you did not crash the server! Thank you! ❤

• Roald Michel says:

Posted again over there.

I’m moderated (again!) in several LI-groups now. Pffftttttt.

Liked by 1 person

• Be Healthy says:

On that blog every comment is set to be moderated all the time. On mine if I let one comment through, yours always comes through except with links because those are not let through by akismet that catches spams… But there are several writers on hormonesmatter.com site and each has some people to avoid getting posts from so we always have everything moderated. Normally the owner of the site moderates but for this article I have so many comments that she lets me handle it since she does not have enough time.. lol..

• Roald Michel says:

I got the feeling from the comments in that blog, that many people simple love to be in denial, having tons of problems to admit that what they thought was a good thing, actually is a crappy thing to do.

I would love to see your thoughts!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s