Petition for the Support of Nutritional Learning
In case the embedded link doesn’t work, here is the link to sign the petition.
It will take you less than a minute to sign your name but may change the lives of millions in the US.
In the era when healthy nutrition guidelines need to change annually with the many new findings, the United States’ nutrition advisory committee is lagging significantly behind. There are no requirements for any doctor or nutritionist to update their knowledge and to pass a test (annually) on what is a healthy or a harmful diet and for what health conditions.
1) RNs don’t know that vegetables, fruits, and grains are carbohydrates. This is a tragedy.
2) Nutritionists are educated only with the old mantra that is 60+ years old; got the US obese and sick. These are: grains, low-fat, vegetable oils, and high sugar fruits and even candies are great for type 2 diabetes. They ignore that these spike insulin terribly high and are unhealthy for diabetics and may even cause type 2 diabetes.
3) Doctors are not trained on nutrition at all. While the LCHF (low carbs high fat) and the ketogenic diets are already used for weight reduction, reversing type 2 diabetes, and all metabolic syndromes, in addition to the ketogenic diet being therapeutically used for the treatment of seizures, Parkinson’t disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and even cancer, most doctors have not even heard the words LCHF or “ketogenic” let alone be able to advise their patients on what to eat for health.
4) By now scientific literature explained that cholesterol is made from carbohydrates and not fat. It is time to advise patients to stop eating refined sugars and start eating a healthy nutritious diet without negative health consequences.
5) Implement the Canadian doctors’ manifesto of “HOW DIETARY GUIDELINES NEED TO CHANGE” in the US (please see source here: http://www.nutrition-coalition.org/manifesto-3/ )
By now there are millions of people who took on the nutritional challenge themselves all over the US proving that grain diet is wrong, sugar is poison, and animal fats are the healthiest for the human health.
It is time for the medical community to start preventing disease when such prevention is available (as is proper nutrition) and to start treating diseases at their root cause (bad nutritional advise that is over 60 years old).
Please help push the US toward a healthier future! Please sign and share!