Petition for the Support of Nutritional Learning
In case the embedded link doesn’t work, here is the link to sign the petition.
It will take you less than a minute to sign your name but may change the lives of millions in the US.
In the era when healthy nutrition guidelines need to change annually with the many new findings, the United States’ nutrition advisory committee is lagging significantly behind. There are no requirements for any doctor or nutritionist to update their knowledge and to pass a test (annually) on what is a healthy or a harmful diet and for what health conditions.
1) RNs don’t know that vegetables, fruits, and grains are carbohydrates. This is a tragedy.
2) Nutritionists are educated only with the old mantra that is 60+ years old; got the US obese and sick. These are: grains, low-fat, vegetable oils, and high sugar fruits and even candies are great for type 2 diabetes. They ignore that these spike insulin terribly high and are unhealthy for diabetics and may even cause type 2 diabetes.
3) Doctors are not trained on nutrition at all. While the LCHF (low carbs high fat) and the ketogenic diets are already used for weight reduction, reversing type 2 diabetes, and all metabolic syndromes, in addition to the ketogenic diet being therapeutically used for the treatment of seizures, Parkinson’t disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and even cancer, most doctors have not even heard the words LCHF or “ketogenic” let alone be able to advise their patients on what to eat for health.
4) By now scientific literature explained that cholesterol is made from carbohydrates and not fat. It is time to advise patients to stop eating refined sugars and start eating a healthy nutritious diet without negative health consequences.
5) Implement the Canadian doctors’ manifesto of “HOW DIETARY GUIDELINES NEED TO CHANGE” in the US (please see source here: http://www.nutrition-coalition.org/manifesto-3/ )
By now there are millions of people who took on the nutritional challenge themselves all over the US proving that grain diet is wrong, sugar is poison, and animal fats are the healthiest for the human health.
It is time for the medical community to start preventing disease when such prevention is available (as is proper nutrition) and to start treating diseases at their root cause (bad nutritional advise that is over 60 years old).
Please help push the US toward a healthier future! Please sign and share!
About Angela A Stanton, Ph.D.
Angela A Stanton, PhD, is a Neuroeconomist focusing on chronic pain--migraine in particular--physiology, electrolyte homeostasis, nutrition, and genetics. She lives in Southern California. Her current research is focused on migraine cause, prevention, and treatment without the use of medicine. As a forever migraineur from childhood, her discovery was helped by experimenting on herself. She found the cause of migraine to be at the ionic level, associated with disruption of the electrolyte homeostasis, resulting from genetic variations of all voltage dependent channels, gates, and pumps (chanelopathy) that modulate electrolyte mineral density and voltage in the brain. In addition, insulin and glucose transporters, and several other variants, such as MTHFR variants of B vitamin methylation process and many others are different in the case of a migraineur from the general population.
Migraineurs are glucose sensitive (carbohydrate intolerant) and should avoid eating carbs as much as possible. She is working on her hypothesis that migraine is a metabolic disease.
As a result of the success of the first edition of her book and her helping over 5000 migraineurs successfully prevent their migraines world wide, all ages and both genders, and all types of migraines, she published the 2nd (extended) edition of her migraine book "Fighting The Migraine Epidemic: Complete Guide: How To Treat & Prevent Migraines Without Medications". The 2nd edition is the “holy grail” of migraine cause, development, and prevention, incorporating all there is to know. It includes a long section for medical and research professionals. The book is full of academic citations (over 800) to authenticate the statements she makes to make it easy to follow up by those interested and to spark further research interest. It is a "Complete Guide", published on September 29, 2017.
Dr. Stanton received her BSc at UCLA in Mathematics, MBA at UCR, MS in Management Science and Engineering at Stanford University, PhD in Economics with dissertation in neuroscience (culminating in Neuroeconomics) at Claremont Graduate University, fMRI certification at Harvard University Medical School at the Martinos Center for Neuroimaging for experimenting with neurotransmitters on human volunteers, certification in LCHF/ketogenic diet from NN (Nutrition Network), certification in physiology (UPEN via Coursea), Nutrition (Harvard Shool of Public Health) and functional medicine studies. Dr. Stanton is an avid sports fan, currently power weight lifting and kickboxing. For relaxation (yeah.. about a half minute each day), she paints and photographs and loves to spend time with her family of husband of 45 years, 2 sons and their wives, and 2 granddaughters.
Follow her on Twitter at: @MigraineBook, LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/angelaastantonphd/ and facebook at https://www.facebook.com/DrAngelaAStanton/