I receive tags on FB in posts about articles that publish claiming to know what migraine is. I have yet to see an article (in popular domain like newspaper, magazine and similar) that does not start with migraine as a headache or pain disorder!
Migraine In Not A Headache!
Migraine is Not a Pain Disorder Either!
…this article is total BS…. all old stuff and half of it is untrue! To start with very few people stop migraine as they reach into their 60s–many start it at that age instead. I have treated MANY people past their 60s with migraine and men as well. Also, migraine doesn’t throb… just a bunch of bull really. Please ignore ALL literature published about migraine.
I have conducted the only longitudinal study (3 years just on FB) and longer prior to that with over 4000 migraineurs by now. I know precisely the cause of migraine–I am also a migraineur….
All migraineurs in my care stop their medicines and remain migraine free, return to work and fun, etc., and never need another migraine medicine ever again as long as they maintain the necessary prevention (stick to the Stanton Migraine Protocol®). There is a prevention!
Migraine is Genetic
About 80% of the prodrome types are not known to the scientific community! Those currently in my migraine group get a great giggle about what scientists come up with because they are so wrong. Unfortunately, the drugs they create to treat their imaginary reason for migraines cause permanent damage to migraineurs’ brain and often mess up their metabolic system, which is already compromised by expressed genes that migraineurs are also endowed with (1-17). I only inserted 17 citations because I got tired of trying to prove my point but there are hundreds if the scientific community just had someone help them read all information already available and managed to find someone who can connect the dots.
I am a scientist and have connected the dots!
The process used in medicine free and the outcome is becoming migraine free. Aha! This is the problem! If there is no pain to treat, there is no money to be made!
Pain = Money
This is a VERY serious matter. Everyone is focused on the pain because that way money can be made but
- there are migraines without pain (silent migraines)
- the pain is a symptom that happens at the end of the process cascade that leads to the pain phase–the prodromes of migraines can be far worse and more complex to understand. Preventing the migraine while in prodrome is very possible.
- There are several hours in which one can prevent the pain if the particular prodrome signs are observed and acted upon. I just give you one here that I already published but gets completely ignored: migraineurs get one eye smaller than the other about 4 hours before the pain hits. This is one of many prodromes that seem to be unanimously present in all migraineurs but which is not known to scientists.
I explain more migraine prodromes here.
I wish scientists would listen up but they cannot act even if they are listening. A medicine-free migraine prevention will not get research funding and is impossible to pass on to the community. Publishing in academic journals is impossible since that is against all dogma.
I work very successfully along the path of grassroots with thousands of migraineurs. Eventually it will reach a threshold number of migraine and medicine free migraineurs and science will have no choice but pay attention. My process is known already by many doctors and hospitals–I get migraineurs referred to me all the time.
I also get many short-term migraine group members from places like the Harvard, Mayo Clinic, and many other big name hospitals and institutions. Some hospitals are familiar with the Stanton Migraine Protocol® and my name as well. By now there have been at least 100 universities from all over the globe in my migraine group for a very short time—short time because if they don’t follow the requirements, they are removed in a week. They are there to learn what I do so they can figure it all out. I appreciate that they are interested but I would even more appreciate if they tried to work with me instead of just looking at the magic and try to figure it out themselves.
My system works–I personally have not had a migraine (unless I deliberately cause one for experiment’s sake) for eons but yes, I can create a migraine at any time on demand, I can stop it on demand, and I can certainly prevent them all–and Guardian, I am past the age you refer to when I should have no migraines anymore.
The ONLY thing The Guardian got right is placing their article in the “Life and Style” section of the newspaper since indeed, migraine, while genetic, is a lifestyle-resolvable problem.
- Azimova JE, et al. (2013) Effects of MTHFR gene polymorphism on the clinical and electrophysiological characteristics of migraine. BMC Neurology 13:103-103.
- Becerra L, et al. (2016) Triptans disrupt brain networks and promote stress-induced CSD-like responses in cortical and subcortical areas. Journal of Neurophysiology 115(1):208-217.
- Benemei S, et al. (2013) TRPA1 and other TRP channels in migraine. The Journal of Headache and Pain 14(1):71.
- Bhoi S, Kalita J, & Misra U (2012) Metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance in migraine. The Journal of Headache and Pain 13(4):321-326.
- Bigal ME, Golden W, Buse D, Chen Y-T, & Lipton RB (2010) Triptan Use as a Function of Cardiovascular Risk. A Population-Based Study. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain 50(2):256-263.
- Bigal ME, Kurth T, Hu H, Santanello N, & Lipton RB (2009) Migraine and cardiovascular disease: Possible mechanisms of interaction. Neurology 72(21):1864-1871.
- Cader ZM, Noble-Topham SE, & Dyment DA (2003) Significant linkage to migraine with aura on chromosome 11q24. Hum Mol Genet 12.
- De Fusco M, Marconi R, & Silvestri L (2003) Haploinsufficiency of ATP1A2 encoding the Na+/K+ pump 2 subunit associated with familial hemiplegic migraine type 2. Nat Genet 33.
- Eising E, A Datson N, van den Maagdenberg AMJM, & Ferrari MD (2013) Epigenetic mechanisms in migraine: a promising avenue? BMC Medicine 11(1):1-6.
- Essmeister R, et al. (2016) MTHFR and ACE Polymorphisms Do Not Increase Susceptibility to Migraine Neither Alone Nor in Combination. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain 56(8):1267-1273.
- FDA (2009) Topamax Highlights of Prescription Information. ed FDA.
- Freilinger T, et al. (2012) Genome-wide association analysis identifies susceptibility loci for migraine without aura. Nat Genet 44.
- Freilinger T, Koch J, & Dichgans M (2010) A novel mutation in SLC1A3 associated with pure hemiplegic migraine. J Headache Pain 11.
- Friedrich T, Tavraz NN, & Junghans C (2016) ATP1A2 Mutations in Migraine: Seeing through the Facets of an Ion Pump onto the Neurobiology of Disease. Frontiers in Physiology 7(239).
- Grinberg YY, Dibbern ME, Levasseur VA, & Kraig RP (2013) Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 Abrogates Microglial Oxidative Stress and TNF-α Responses to Spreading Depression. Journal of neurochemistry 126(5):662-672.
- Gupta VK (2005) Triptans to Abort Neurological Symptoms of Prodrome of Migraine: Fact or Fiction? Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain 45(5):615-616.
- Harrison-Bernard LM (2009) The renal renin-angiotensin system. Advances in Physiology Education 33(4):270-274.